Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Well That’s a First

I felt “off” almost all day yesterday. From brushing my teeth in the morning through the drive home at night, something just wasn’t quite right. It nagged at the back of my mind until, while I was making supper, a thought occurred to me.

Before I go on, I offer a brief bit of history. I got my first pair of contact lenses in December of 1988. And, I’ve been wearing them everyday for the last twenty years (with rare exception).

With that in mind, when I came up with a hypothesis about my off-kilter day, I quickly dismissed it. I’m a contact pro; no rookie mistakes for me. But by the third time the idea popped into my head, I couldn’t dismiss it. I tested out my theory, and much to my own amusement, it was spot on.

I had spent the previous twelve hours with my contacts in the wrong eyes: right in left and left in right. Now thankfully, that was a first.

3 comments:

RobRoy said...

That's better than trying to put two contacts in the same eyes, which I attempted one bleary eyed morning.

Courtney said...

Trevin just did lasik on his brother a couple of weeks ago. When he came in for is pre-surgical visit, Jordan was complaining about how his glasses weren't helping. The optical shop at Walmart placed his lenses in the wrong sides. Now that he has 20/15 vision, he no longer needs the glasses, so he's going to tell Walmart about there mistakes and demand a refund!

Kelly said...

I guess if it can happen to the "professionals" I shouldn't feel too bad. I did start to consider that this was a sign I should look into lasik, but I'm still a little too squeamish for that.