Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Underground

Not quite the same as bunker life, but a different kind of isolation. Some people drink when they get stressed out. Some people start fistfights. Others find a new hobby. All of those are fine choices, but not for me. I hide. Ask anyone who knew me when I was in Connecticut. Can’t find anyone? That’s because I hid so effectively that my roommate referred to me as Boo Radley. (Somehow that doesn’t seem like a compliment.)

I bring this up now in way of explanation. While I’ve had my usual share of amusing anecdotes and sarcastic observations to share, this blog has been woefully neglected. Mainly because I didn’t’ know how to address the elephant in the room: my final rotation ends in two days and, as of this moment, I have no idea what I’ll be doing next. I’m not really panicked, but find myself in a Zen-like state. Somehow it will work out. I’ll let you know when it does.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

*HUG*

daria said...

Good luck - I hope everything goes well and you find yourself gainfully employed in a place you love. It was wonderful to see you Saturday!