Friday, March 14, 2008

Miss a Day . . .

Stories you won’t be hearing:

  • The day I discovered that my car really does have anti-lock brakes
  • The Easter dinner I had on Valentine’s Day
  • The conversation that began with someone asking me “What’s wrong with your face?”
  • The week where my goal everyday was to get home in time to take out the trash
  • The night I got in an argument with a checker at Stop & Shop
  • How I got an iPod shuffle for free through effective procrastination
  • The week I got weepy over the Today Show
  • The day I got to have lunch

Okay, that last one probably wouldn’t have been much of a story anyway. But I remember that day fondly. It was two weeks ago today and I still remember those 20 minutes in the cafeteria with a sense of nostalgia.

I’ve been working a bit. Perhaps more than a bit. I’ve definitely had a few things to write about (see above list), just not a moment to put fingers to keyboard. What’s a workaholic to do?

4 comments:

RobRoy said...

Arrghh, all of these have the hallmarks of great stories. I feel like I've just gone to the theater, seen a bunch of trailers to very cool movies, and then been told they've all be shelved and won't ever be released.

Oh, the humanity!

Christina said...

I agree...maybe it just means we won't be hearing about them on the blog, but those definitely seem like they were meant to be shared.

Kelly said...

And to tease you even more . . . my roommate helped me realize that the above-mentioned Stop & Shop incident was the second argument I'd had with a checker in that establishment.

RobRoy said...

You MUST move back to California, so you can share all these stories. I'll even buy your ticket at the ball game!