Friday, April 25, 2008

Maybe I Didn’t Really Want to Know

For all my complaining last fall about not finding out where I was heading, I think I may have been better off not knowing. Eight days ago I found out where I’m going next and it’s completely consuming me. My mind is spinning with plans and excitement, and I’ve entirely lost interest in my current assignment. Senioritis at it’s finest.

My first reaction was relief at finding out so early; I mistakenly thought that knowing would prevent any anxiety and allow me to focus. There may not be any anxiety, but I am anything but focused.

And no, I’m not announcing where I’m going quite yet. Call me a tease if you must, but I’ve been asked to keep it quiet for a bit. If all goes according to plan, I should be able to talk freely by month’s end.

No comments: