Friday, April 09, 2010

Almost Famous

Not so long ago, I began stalking an old professor. Not in a creepy way. I was in a spell of reading young adult fiction, and remembered that this particular professor wrote in that genre, and I’d always liked her style, so I thought I’d see what she was up to. When I looked for her online, I found that she was a contributor to a blog. I began reading her weekly posts, then slowly began reading the other entries as well. I’ve become a big fan. These four women have strong voices that offer a great combination of insight, kindness, and laughter. On Fridays they have a guest blogger. I’ve been planning to write something to submit for the guest spot, but, like so many things in my life, haven’t gotten around to it. But, unlike most plans I make, this one didn’t just fade away (I really will get to Canada one of these days).


Yesterday, I received an email, asking if The Apron Stage could use my napping post for the guest spot this week. I was stunned. Not only could I have the guest spot, but I didn’t have to do any additional work. This is as close to ideal as it gets. Now I’ll just wait for a publishing house to contact me for permission to publish my two novel chapters as they are.

5 comments:

Kaija said...

congrats!

daria said...

Woo hoo! Great post, too!

Courtney said...

What?! another move to NYC! We are coming for a visit soon. (I hope.)

Christina said...

Don't forget the little people (especially the one who told you to start a blog in the first place). :)

Kelly said...

My liege, I will never forget those to whom I'm eternally indebted.