Monday, June 21, 2010

Am I the Only One?

My favorite pastime of late is packing avoidance. This weekend I indulged in such decadent things as reading a whole book in one day and squandering much time in front of the television. Sunday night I was vegging out and channel surfing, when I happened upon the pilot of a new drama. I found myself being pulled in by characters and story lines, and one of the characters bites the neck of a contractor and drains his blood.

Really? Another one of these?

I’ve clearly missed a major memo. While I’m all for the willing suspension of disbelief, this whole vampire/werewolf obsession that seems to be everywhere just isn’t my thing. My suspension of disbelief stops somewhere around the attractive man falling in love with the witty, yet frumpy, heroine. I have no interest in vampires, time travel, or magic potions. I am happy to cede the point that some of this stuff may be well written, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Does it?

3 comments:

daria said...

You're not the only one - I'm not into the whole paranormal vampire melodrama fad, either. I did watch Charmed for a while but luckily that ended, and I've yet to be tempted by another show in that vein (ha ha). Otherwise, I pretty much watch cartoons.

And you're also not the only packing avoider out there - we have to have a room for the baby and it's full of adult stuff - weight benches, books, clothes. Lots to pack up and put elsewhere and move around, then sheetrocking to be done (by the husband of course). Whee!

Kelly said...

Daria--I'm not sure you should rush into clearing out that room yet. Who's to say your baby isn't going to want to read, play dress up, and build some muscle?

daria said...

True, if the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. 'Course sitting on the weight bench to nurse is a far cry from the cozy rocker I envisioned...