Thursday, September 16, 2010

T-1

This is the end of an era. I’ve used that phrase before for lesser things, but this time it’s true. Tomorrow will be my last day with my employer of the last 12 years. I’m prone to nostalgia anyway, so this week has me feeling quite cognizant of everything that’s about to change. There are little things like wondering when I’ll ever be on 125th Street again; and big things, like the ever-growing recognition that I am about to be the new kid in a way I haven’t been since I was actually a kid. Then there are a lot of things in between.

In many ways I consider myself change averse; I am drawn to a life of consistency. But as much as I feel that, I can’t stop this continuing urge I have to adjust my life in ways big and small.

1 comment:

Kaija said...

Enjoy being the new kid! It has its perks. I love new beginnings -- and fall is the perfect time for it -- like starting a new year of school a new school -- and I know you loved school so this is going to be great! That continuing urge is divine. Embrace the growth!!! Love to you.