Sunday, June 12, 2011

White Dresses with Blue Satin Sashes

Early last week I decided to take the day off of work Friday.  And then I started to think that if I was going to take a day off, I really should plan to do something special.  And then I decided that I should turn it into a whole weekend of favorite things.  For me, on this weekend, my favorite things included:
  • Taking the day off of work and sleeping in
  • Watching morning TV, and a horrible made-for-cable movie
  • A quick surprise visit from a friend
  • Shopping during the work day (without all the weekend crowds)
  • Getting my hair cut
  • Going out for drinks with friends
  • A delightful cupcake delivery from Butter Lane
  • A nap without an alarm
  • Re-buying a pair of shoes that I loved and returned once
  • Treating myself to a manicure, pedicure, and chair massage
And the heat wave broke on Saturday, which I considered a lovely bonus.  And really, unless you were to throw in some bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, who could ask for anything more?

3 comments:

Kaija said...

I love it! Happy Birthday!

daria said...

Sounds like heaven - what a perfect birthday weekend treat!

Kelly said...

Thanks guys!